Woodstock Mold Clean Up Importance
Woodstock mold clean up is not an easy task for the average homeowner. Anyone dealing with mold in their home will have trouble ridding it without worsening their health. DIY mold removal efforts do not typically remove mold for good. Homes in Woodstock with warm, humid spaces with a little dust are not hard to come by. They are, in fact, all over Cherokee County and are the perfect breeding ground for mold.
Global Warming Means More Mold
Mold has been in the spotlight for years, and although home air purification systems help, mold is no less dangerous. Global warming brings more severe weather every season. And with the violent wind, rain, and lightning, come fire, water, and storm damage. What follows often enough in the aftermath is water damage and mold infestation. Once mold and mildew growth starts, it usually takes a professional Woodstock mold clean up team to stop it.
The Health Consequences of Mold Exposure
Mold is a serious allergen and can prompt health issues. If you are facing Woodstock mold clean up, breathing issues are a huge concern. Vulnerable family members, especially children, respiratory disease sufferers, asthmatics, and allergy-prone individuals, are most at risk. Also, older adults and anyone with a compromised immune system can be particularly sensitive to mold. The health hazards are real when it comes to living with mold. Not all mold is inherently toxic, but whether toxic or not, it commonly causes breathing difficulties. And that is serious.
There are thousands of types of mold, all of which naturally produce allergens, irritants, and even toxins. Mold allergies are common and can be severe in sensitive people and pets. Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic reactions may include coughing, sneezing, runny nose, and eye and skin irritation. In addition, inhaling or touching mold spores can aggravate the eyes, nose, throat, lungs, and eyes, whether you are mold-allergic or not. For more details on the health-related effects of mold exposure, please seek a medical professional’s advice.
Wear A Mask to Clean Up Mold
Mold spores are the biggest concern when it comes to mold clean up. When trying to remove mold, the disturbance breaks mold spores free to become airborne. Breathing in mold spores, especially in massive quantities as is possible during a Woodstock mold clean up, is unhealthy. Wearing a respirator mask will help you avoid breathing in mold and mold spores. Consider wearing an N-95 respirator during a Woodstock mold clean up project to limit your exposure to airborne mold. Mold remediation professionals understand the need for these masks to fit properly. Carefully following the mask manufacturer’s direction can ensure the proper fit. Please see more details on respirator fit from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) at osha.gov.
Woodstock Mold Removal PPE
Please do not touch mold, mildew, or moldy items with bare hands. Remember that avoiding mold contamination is key. You want to avoid skin contact during Woodstock mold clean up. Wear long sleeves and long pants to keep your skin away from the mold. It is good to wear long gloves extending to the middle of the forearm for mold removal. Common rubber dishwashing gloves are sufficient for cleaning with mild detergents. However, working with caustic biocides like chlorine bleach or acids requires specialized hand protection. These chemicals and other mold removal products may require polyurethane, natural rubber, nitrile, neoprene, or PVC gloves. Also, remember to protect your eyes from mold irritation. To keep mold and mold spores out of your eyes, wear protective eye gear with an airtight seal.
More Water Damage Dangers
The reason you may need professional help from Can-Restore after a flood may not be obvious. Suppose water damages your home. Floodwater, rain run-off, and storm surges bring contaminates with them. After a water damage event, cleaning up includes speedy drying, removing contaminants, and reducing moisture and humidity. Standing water and damp areas left to breed disease, viruses, bacteria, and mold can cause long-term damage after the flood. Do you have questions about Woodstock mold clean up? Want more information? Contact the leader in Woodstock mold clean up today at Can-Restore.
Woodstock Mold Prevention Tip
Finally, preventing the onset of mold and the need for Woodstock mold clean up is the best scenario. If you already have a mold outbreak in your home, this tip is for future reference. When water invades your home, no matter what quantity or the source, dry it in 48 hours to avoid mold growth. Water damage left wet for too long is a mold breeding ground. Can-Restore has the tools, technicians, and resolve to help you with water damage restoration and water damage repairs of any size. And at any time, day or night, holidays, literally, any time you need help, call 770.735.2695.