Article provided by: Reddi Services
To ensure you have a comfortable environment at home, your HVAC unit should function properly. If your unit becomes dysfunctional, it causes all types of problems, from discomfort to expenses. At Reddi Services, we offer KC heating and cooling services that include repair, inspection, maintenance, and installation.
How Often Should You Schedule Maintenance?
It’s advisable to get your HVAC system inspected at least once a year. For your air conditioning, spring is a great time to schedule maintenance to make sure your unit works efficiently when you need it the most during summer. The heating system is best maintained in fall just before you use it to deal with the cold weather.
Regular maintenance ensures that no dirt or dust builds up in the system. Dust and dirt can interfere with the functioning of parts such as the air filters and the condensing coils, which affects the entire unit.
What is the Importance of Getting Your HVAC System Serviced?
These are some of the reasons why you should get your heating, cooling, and ventilation system serviced annually:
- Extended Life Span – A system that's maintained on time is bound to last longer than one which is not. That is because, during servicing, the worn-out parts are replaced. This ensures there’s no unnecessary stress on your equipment, enabling it to last for ten years or more.
- Quiet Operation – HVAC units usually produce some noise when running, but it increases when there’s something that’s not working normally. A system that’s struggling to work either due to old parts or dirt buildup will be louder. Keeping your system up-to-date on all the maintenance and inspection checks means that the unit will perform optimally with less noise.
- Energy and Cost Efficiency – A well-serviced HVAC unit will run as expected, therefore using energy more efficiently. Frequent inspections will prevent the need for entire replacements or major repairs.
Signs That Your HVAC System Has A Problem?
Some of the warning signs that indicate there’s a problem with your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system include:
- Poor Indoor Airflow – If you notice that the air quality in your house is deteriorating, it might be because your air conditioner is not working well.
- Abnormally High Energy Bills – It’s normal for energy bills to spike during extreme weather conditions when the system is being used more often. However, if you notice higher energy bills in fairly normal weather, it’s highly likely that your HVAC is the culprit. If you have an older unit that is well maintained, it might still use more energy to create conditioned air. So, before you decide to get a new HVAC system, it’s best to call a service technician for either repairs or maintenance. Sometimes, the problem that’s causing the hike in energy use might be fixable.
- Uneven Temperatures in the House – If you notice a distinct difference in the temperature levels in different rooms in your house, it could be an indication that your system is failing.
How Can You Maintain Your Heating and Cooling System?
Here are tips for maintaining your heating and cooling system:
- Clean the Condensing Unit
Most units have an outdoor heat pump with a fan to ensure heat is dispersed during the hot months. The metal fins on the heat pump often become clogged with grime, dirt, and pollen. You need to spray the outdoor system with a water hose, at least once each season, to clean it.
- Install A Smart Thermostat
A smart thermostat minimizes energy usage when you're not at home, ensuring your unit is not working overtime to produce temperatures you do not need. That lowers the monthly bills and reduce the repair and maintenance costs.
- Clean the Drainage Hole
Most air conditioners have a drainage hole underneath the evaporator fins. To make sure your AC works optimally, you should clear the hole using a small piece of wire.
- Dry the Dehumidifier
Depending on the season, a dehumidifier can be quite useful. To ensure that it’s working effectively, remove its outer casing to allow it to dry. Once the dehumidifier is dry, vacuum the whole system to get rid of the debris and dirt before putting it back together.
- Schedule Regular Servicing
It's necessary to schedule regular maintenance for your heating and cooling system. Routine servicing makes your unit work more efficiently throughout the year. During servicing:
- The system will be thoroughly cleaned and inspected for any biological growth
- If necessary, the technician will install a new filter
- The condensate drain will be checked for clogs
For All Your HVAC Needs
As professionals who have dealt with HVAC systems for over six decades, Reddi Services offers reliable KC heating and cooling services for your unit. Give us a call today on (913) 553-4542 to schedule an appointment.Kc Heating And Cooling
View Larger Map